BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 21-year-old Darius Barker pleaded guilty last week to burglarizing the Belvidere Walmart store.
The Boone County State’s Attorney said Barker gained entrance to the Walmart, at 2101 Gateway Center Drive, through a closed entrance and stole electronics. Barker allegedly used the scheme he allegedly used on other northern Illinois retail stores.
Barker was sentenced to 5 years in prison, plus two years of mandatory supervised release.
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety