BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Douglas Valentine was sentenced to 14 years in prison Friday for the rape of a 15-year-old girl in 2018.
According to the Boone County State’s Attorney’s Office, the victim reported several sexual encounters with Valentine in June and August of that year, when she was 14-15 years old. Two of the incidents occurred in Boone County.
A jury found Valentine guilty on two counts of Criminal Sexual Assault and four counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse.
Valentine is also facing similar charges in Lake County and Winnebago County.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland