ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Marques Tate has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for sexually assaulting a minor.
In June 2017, The Rockford Police Housing Authority unit arrived to the 1500 block of Birch Court in reference to a call for a sexual assault.
There they found a 13-year old girl who had been sexually assaulted by an adult male household member.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Tate pled guilty to charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual assault on September 13th, 2019.
- Patchy Freezing Drizzle and Light Flurries Possible Early Tuesday
- Rockford coaches have respect, admiration for Kobe Bryant
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy