ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Marques Tate has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for sexually assaulting a minor.
In June 2017, The Rockford Police Housing Authority unit arrived to the 1500 block of Birch Court in reference to a call for a sexual assault.
There they found a 13-year old girl who had been sexually assaulted by an adult male household member.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Tate pled guilty to charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual assault on September 13th, 2019.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor