ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Marques Tate has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for sexually assaulting a minor.
In June 2017, The Rockford Police Housing Authority unit arrived to the 1500 block of Birch Court in reference to a call for a sexual assault.
There they found a 13-year old girl who had been sexually assaulted by an adult male household member.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Tate pled guilty to charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual assault on September 13th, 2019.
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Pritzker shares details, timeline of COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan for Illinois; Rockford to receive 4,876 doses
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday