ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Marques Tate has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for sexually assaulting a minor.
In June 2017, The Rockford Police Housing Authority unit arrived to the 1500 block of Birch Court in reference to a call for a sexual assault.
There they found a 13-year old girl who had been sexually assaulted by an adult male household member.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Tate pled guilty to charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual assault on September 13th, 2019.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’