ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Todd Shevelson was sentenced to 28 years in prison Wednesday for the charge of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault.
According to court documents, in April of 2014, Rockford Police were told of a series of physical and sexual assaults which occurred over several days, beginning in late March of 2014 and continuing until the activity was reported to authorities.
Shevelson will also have to serve 3 years of mandatory supervised release after he is released from prison, and must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Local expert, undecided voters weigh in on impact of first presidential debate
- Local leaders search for ways to cut rising crime in Rolling Green neighborhood
- As mail-in ballots still find their way to local voters, there is still time to register
- Bobby Bones helps our nations veterans, and you can too!