ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A man is recovering after being shot in Rockford early this morning.
The shooting took place just after 5:30 a.m. near the corner of Maple and Lee Streets, about a block away from Fairgrounds Park.
Rockford Police officers say they found a man with a single gunshot wound sitting in a car. He was rushed to the hospital and is expected to recover.
Police have not said if any arrests have yet been made in connection to the shooting.
- My Take: The QB matchup NFL fans want and James Harden a Bucks’ nightmare
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- NIU’s Trayvon Rudolph named to Freshman All-America team
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk