ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 32-year-old Eric Reynolds was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly tried to rob a man who was out working in his yard. The victim and a family member fought back and held him until police arrived, according to officials.
According to Rockford Police, officers were called to the 1400 block of 4th Avenue where they met with the adult victim, who said while he was out in his yard, Reynolds approached him, brandished a knife, and demanded his money.
The victim told police he and another family member were able to restrain Reynolds, who was able to get free and run prior to police arrival, but officers were able to run him down and arrest him, police said.
Reynolds was charged with Armed Robbery, Resisting Arrest, Obstructing Identification, and Aggravated Assault.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night