ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police welcomed three new officers to its ranks on Wednesday.
The new officers were sworn in during a ceremony this afternoon at the Rockford Police Department’s District 1 Headquarters, at 1045 W State Street.
Family, friends and fellow officers looked on as Zachary Smith, Dillion Rackley, and Kristine Tesnow took their oaths to become peace officers.
All three come to Rockford from different police departments from around the country.
Officer Rackley made the move here from North Carolina.
“I’m excited to work with Rockford. I wanted to come up here to Illinois and work for a good department. I’ve heard great things about Rockford. I’m just excited to get started on the streets,” he said.
Officers Jacoby Barron and Kathryn Kubik were awarded Letters of Commendation at the ceremony for helping to talk a suicidal man off a bridge last month.
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Circuit Court Judge rules in favor of the IHSA
- Remembering the legacy of former Rockford Mayor John McNamara
- Rockford hospice uses robot dog to bring cheer to patients