ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Park District is urging people to stay away from more of its facilities.
District administrators remind people not to use the golf courses. Courses have been closed since mid-march and will stay that way through at least April 30th. That’s based on the governor’s executive order. The district adds, these steps follow social distancing efforts and can help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Rockford Park District points out this is a short-term sacrifice for the safety of the public.
- Illinois budget includes nearly $5,000 pay raise for state lawmakers
- Did you know: Janesville Chinese restaurant is 2nd oldest in the US?
- Nearly 30 children missing from Cleveland in last 2 weeks
- New docs: Jeffrey Epstein had more than 10 sex partners, STD before suicide
- Pentagon bans drag shows on military bases after GOP pressure
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!