ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Early Saturday morning around 2:40 a.m. Rockford police officers responded to a report of a shooting near the 1100 blocks of 9th and 10th Avenues.
When officers got to the area, they say a 15-year-old boy was riding his bike away from the scene. They stopped him and observed a gun in his possession, which they later found out was stolen.
The teen was taken into custody and is facing the following charges of Reckless Discharge of a Weapon, Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, and Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois