ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have charged 24-year-old Dameria Giwa-Finley with stabbing a 26-year-old man to death Wednesday night.
Officials say they arrived at 11:15 p.m. in the 1900 block of W. Riverside Blvd. The victim was confirmed dead after being taken to a local hospital.
Police say he suffered from multiple stab wounds.
Giwa-Finley was arrested Thursday and charged with Aggravated Domestic Battery and First Degree Murder.
She was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night