ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have charged 24-year-old Dameria Giwa-Finley with stabbing a 26-year-old man to death Wednesday night.
Officials say they arrived at 11:15 p.m. in the 1900 block of W. Riverside Blvd. The victim was confirmed dead after being taken to a local hospital.
Police say he suffered from multiple stab wounds.
Giwa-Finley was arrested Thursday and charged with Aggravated Domestic Battery and First Degree Murder.
She was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Rockford non-profit holds fundraiser for kids too old for Make-A-Wish
- Local environmentalists fight to save prairie at Chicago Rockford International Airport
- Drought conditions worsen across northern Illinois
- Rock House Kids holds fundraiser to expand reach and facilities
- Crash on Alpine closes down road