ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Three cars were involved in what authorities called a “serious crash” Wednesday afternoon, on Parkview Avenue.
Rockford Police have warned motorists to avoid the area between Guilford and Burrmont roads while the accident is under investigation.
According to authorities, around 2:18 p.m., the driver of a black pickup may have been impaired, leading to the crash. Speed was also a factor, they said.
The driver of a white car, which showed severe damage, and the pickup truck driver were taken to the hospital for serious but not life threatening injuries.
The driver of the third car did not require medical attention, officials said.
- Singer Pink and her 3-year-old son test positive for COVID-19
- A student from Kentucky makes masks for the hearing impaired community
- Jeff Bezos donates $100 million to Feeding America, a Chicago-based nonprofit
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing
- The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is spreading birthday cheer to kids across the Stateline