ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford area police and the community paid their respects to Winnebago County Deputy Chief Donald Gasparini, Jr. on Friday.
Gasparini died suddenly last weekend. A visitation was held today at Stateline Church on Perryville Road.
On Tuesday, police honored his memory with a procession through the city. Departments from across the Stateline flashed their lights in respect.
It is still unclear what caused Gasparini’s death.
- East athletes restore the school’s great tradition in track & field
- Strong Storms Appearing Likely Late Thursday
- Video shows California officer’s daring rescue of man, dog from burning car
- Josh Duggar asks for child pornography trial to be delayed until 2022
- Portland officers resign en masse from squad tasked with protest response