ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford area police and the community paid their respects to Winnebago County Deputy Chief Donald Gasparini, Jr. on Friday.
Gasparini died suddenly last weekend. A visitation was held today at Stateline Church on Perryville Road.
On Tuesday, police honored his memory with a procession through the city. Departments from across the Stateline flashed their lights in respect.
It is still unclear what caused Gasparini’s death.
- Rockford police investigate overnight fatal shooting; one person dead
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night