ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Police Department is looking for local artists, that are between the ages of 13-21, to participate in their Domestic Violence Awareness Art Contest.
The police want to be able to use an individual’s artistic abilities to help break the silence on domestic violence.
They ask that you bring your artwork with a filled-out waiver to and of the three RPD district police stations.
Entries are due on October 5th, by 6 p.m.
Awards and recognition will happen at the Shining the Light ceremony on October 17th at Unitarian Universalist church.
More information can be found here.
- Belvidere Chamber holds ‘trunk or treat’ so kids don’t miss out on Halloween fun
- Event donates coats, hats, gloves to homeless Rockford veterans
- In latest border-wall ceremony before election, DHS leader commemorates 400th mile
- Oklahoma mother gives birth to 8-pound baby at home during ice storm
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression