ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Late Thursday, Rockford Police announced a suspected serial rapist had struck again.
According to police, over the past 12 months, detectives have been investigating a series of five sexual assaults and two strong arm robbery incidents on Rockford’s northwest side.
Police say the fifth attack took place late Wednesday, February 12th.
Police say the suspect entered the victim’s residence and then assaulted her some time later.
In the recent strong arm robbery incident, police say the suspect threatened a victim with sexual assault, but never carried through with the act.
On Thursday, December 13th, police reported a similar attack had occurred, and at that time advised the public that they had been been investigating a series of similar home invasions and rapes.
Police say there is no indication that the victims knew the suspect, and they believe all of the attacks are connected to a single perpetrator.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Harlem’s Bob Moynihan named Chicago Bears High School Coach of the Year
- Rock River Valley Blood Center facing blood shortage once again
- Rockford leaders meet with activists to discuss desired qualities for open Fire, Police Chief positions
- Local doctors encourage hesitant parents to get their kids vaccinated for COVID-19
- Accused Dixon school shooter back in court, deemed unfit for trial once again