ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police arrested two people over the weekend after officials say a man fired a gun in a roadway after a woman caused “extensive damage” to his car.
Police say officers responded to the 3100 block of Arline Avenue around 10:50 p.m. Friday for reports of a man standing in the road, firing a gun.
Police say they found the suspect, 22-year-old Demaggeo Newble, upon arrival, and took him into custody.
Officers say they learned 22-year-old Talish Thurman had caused extensive damage to his vehicle.
Police say two handguns were recovered at the scene.
Newble was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, and Thurman was charged with Criminal Damage to Property.
They are being held at the Winnebago County Jail.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others