ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — UPDATE: Rockford Police say a 37-year-old man died after a shooting that took place at 2500 Lawndale Avenue Thursday morning.
Officials say the victim and another man transported themselves to a local hospital. The second victim also is said to have suffered life threatening injuries.
Officials tweeted an alert after 7:30 a.m., asking people to stay away from the area.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others