ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Saturday, November 30th Rockford Police responded to Family Dollar, located at 501 North Springfield Avenue, in reference to an armed robbery.
According to authorities, the male suspect entered Family Dollar armed with a handgun.
At the time Family Dollar was occupied by two employees and two customers, police said.
The suspect pointed a handgun at one of the employees and demanded money from the cash register.
According to authorities, the employee listened and the suspect was able to flee with an undisclosed amount of money.
No one was hurt during the incident.
Rockford Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying the suspect.
According to authorities, the suspect was captured on surveillance video and was described as a black male approximately 25-years-old, 6’0″, 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a white stripe across the shoulders and black jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional