ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — According to a new report from Business Insider, Rockford’s 5.8% population loss between 2010 and 2018 ranks it as the 3rd highest in the Midwest.
Illinois was hit hardest by out-migration overall.
Of the 20 cities on the list, Danville ranked #1 with a 6.7% loss; Decatur placed #2 with a 6.5% loss; Peoria was at #6 with a 4.9% drop; Kankakee at #8 with 4.7%; Chicago-Naperville-Elgin at #10 with 3.9%; Carbondale at #12 with 3.3%; Bloomington at #13 with 2.8%; and Springfield with a 2.5% decline.
Ohio was second to Illinois in out-migration, with 4 cities appearing on the list.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year