ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Rivets have announced they will resume playing at Rivets Stadium on Tuesday, August 11th after health officials cleared the team to play.
Their season was halted last week when one part-time staff member tested positive for the coronavirus. Rivets General Manager Chad Bauer said that that person is doing fine and no one else in the organization has tested positive.
Bauer said the Rivets will play this Thursday on the road in Green Bay.
But it won’t be the same Rivets team that will take the field that we’ve seen up to this point. Bauer says most of the regular players have left the team to go into quarantine before returning to their respective colleges. Several local players have been signed to replace them. The names of those players will be announced later in the week.
- Perfectly Impossible; Gymnasts wrestle with the imperfect
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah breaks Flo-Jo’s 33-year record at Tokyo Olympics
- ‘For me, the war is over’: Veteran meets daughter he left behind in Vietnam 50 years ago
- Mississippi man encourages others to get vaccinated after losing leg to COVID-19