ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Santa Claus is extremely busy during this time of year, but we wanted to know what it’s like to talk to thousands of children within one month.
Rockford Santa carries gifts for children year-round, everything from teddy bears to Hatchimals.
He even makes toys in his own wood-working shop.
He participated in this year’s Stroll on State parade.
“Santa is a great job, it truly is,” he said. “You bring joy and gifts to everyone. With me, it’s a life.”
Rockford Santa asked that we don’t use his real name, but said the job is so rewarding, he understands the responsibility year-round.
“Years ago, I would carry candy canes, but I changed over to toys because it’s more meaningful and less sugar for the kids,” he said.
Rockford Santa says the strangest request he’s ever received was for a farm combine.
He also said he enjoyed seeing the kids come back year after year, as they grow up.
- Watch: Toddler gets head stuck in railing, police use battering ram to free her
- Cooler-Than-Average, Breezy Stretch Continues as we jump into Autumn
- New COVID-19 cases decline globally, WHO reports
- US Space Force unveils sci-fi inspired uniforms
- TikTok fans raise money for Navy veteran’s new scooter