ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford School District 205 staff are making sure students don’t go hungry on what was supposed to be their first week back after spring break.
To make sure students still have meals during the day, the school district handed out bagged food at four drive-up or walk-up locations at East, Flinn, Guilford and Kennedy schools.
Renee Beauchamp, Executive Director of Nutrition Services, said she hopes families take advantage of the service.
“Staff with many volunteers come in and help up pack meals. We have a breakfast and lunch for every individual that comes in and we hope that they come in and take advantage of this,” she said.
Meals can be picked up from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Monday through Friday, and will continue through March 30th.
- Attorney says school district ‘misapplied law’ in arresting woman with no mask at football game
- NIU and MAC football teams to take the field in November
- Report: Trump to choose Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Supreme Court
- Machesney Park school switches to remote learning after increase in COVID-19 cases
- Police investigating shooting on Webster Avenue in Rockford