ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The second day of early voting in Illinois is underway, and local election officials say the day one numbers far exceed those of previous elections.
On Thursday alone, 370 voters showed up in Rockford, 180 in Boone County, 300 in Stephenson County, 215 in Ogle County and 230 in Lee County.
Election authorities will also start sending out mail ballots to those who have requested one.
Secured mail-in ballot drop boxes will be setup at multiple locations for those who want to drop them off, rather than use the postal service.
Close to two million voters have requested a ballot.
- Get your pumpkins carved by Dori for Halloween
- Get fall skin care tips from the experts
- Bella Luna Bakery closes its doors after 10 years
- Home Forever Baths has a special deal for Veterans
- Murder Mystery with Mahoney Third Clue