ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Part of South Madison Street in Rockford will soon have a new name.
The honorary street name change is in honor of Louie Maffioli.
The city council unanimously voted to rename Madison from E State to Walnut, as Maffioli Avenue after him.
That location is where Wilson Electric Company is headquartered.
Maffioli was President and CEO of that company and has served 46 years in the electrical industry.
Wilson Electric is celebrating 100 years at the same location this year.
Rockford Alderman of the Third Ward, Chad Tuneberg said changing the street name is a great way to celebrate the presence in the city.
“They’ve been through the thick and thin of downtown Rockford and held steadfast. They’ve been continuously located there in downtown and I think it’s a great way for us as city to celebrate their presence and really show the true celebration to them, hey thank you for sticking it out through the thick and thin,” Tuneberg said.
- Stateline’s furry residents are able to take pictures with Santa
- Rockford organizations, helping those in need, receive a financial boost from D.C.
- Krispy Kreme introduces ‘Easy as Pie’ doughnuts for Thanksgiving
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning