ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford high school student has brought home a state title for the first time in half a century.
Auburn’s Aryan Arora is now the IHSA Impromptu Speaking Champion, becoming the first student in 57 years to win an IHSA speech competition.
Arora is just the 7th Rockford Public School student to win, ever.
Jada Cox, from Jefferson, also qualified for state, but didn’t place in the tournament.
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Rivets ready to resume their season with a new-look roster stocked with local guys
- Local board looking to improve mental health access for teens