ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford high school student has brought home a state title for the first time in half a century.
Auburn’s Aryan Arora is now the IHSA Impromptu Speaking Champion, becoming the first student in 57 years to win an IHSA speech competition.
Arora is just the 7th Rockford Public School student to win, ever.
Jada Cox, from Jefferson, also qualified for state, but didn’t place in the tournament.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing