ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford high school student has brought home a state title for the first time in half a century.
Auburn’s Aryan Arora is now the IHSA Impromptu Speaking Champion, becoming the first student in 57 years to win an IHSA speech competition.
Arora is just the 7th Rockford Public School student to win, ever.
Jada Cox, from Jefferson, also qualified for state, but didn’t place in the tournament.
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Protests demand Ted Cruz’s resignation at senator’s Houston office
- Rock County man arrested for 7th OWI
- More than 30 lawmakers call for investigation into ‘suspicious’ access to Capitol Complex ahead of breach
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass