ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Matthew Cavender was sentenced to 18 years in prison Thursday for killing Desiree Weir-Stephens in 2018.
Police say Cavender shot and killed Weir-Stephens outside her home on Royal Avenue. She died from a gunshot wound to the head.
He was convicted on a Second Degree Murder charge.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article stated that Cavender walked up to the victim and shot her in the head. This is incorrect. We apologize for this error.
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return