ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Quavion Taylor and a 16-year-old boy allegedly led Rockford police on a high speed pursuit before crashing at Alpine and Broadway on Wednesday. Police say they found 2 handguns in the car.
According to police, officers responded to a “suspicious vehicle” near Reid Farm Road and Academy Trail around 10:34 p.m. The car fled from officers at a high rate of speed and later crashed into a pole, police say.
Police chased the pair after they ran from the car.
Taylor was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Aggravated Fleeing to Elude, and Resisting an Officer.
The unnamed teen was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Resisting an Officer and Possession of Cannabis.
Taylor was taken to the Winnebago County Jail, the teen to the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant