ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Table tennis fans will get a chance to showcase their passion for the game as Rockford will host the North American Olympic Table Tennis Trials in October.
The Rockford Area Convention and Visitor’s Bureau announced three events on Thursday which will lead up to the event at the BMO Harris Bank Center on October 5th.
The Rockford Loop Table Tennis Tournament will be held every Thursday in September at several area bars, including the Hope and Anchor English Pub, 5040 N 2nd Street, Loves Park, on September 5th; Casey’s Pub, 7307 N Alpine Road, Loves Park, on September 12th; Olympic Tavern, 2327 N Main Street, Rockford, on September 19th; and District Bar and Grill, 205 W State Street, Rockford, on September 26th.
On September 20th, there will be a Celebrity Smash at the Rockford City Market, which will feature eight local celebrities competing for bragging rights at 5:30 p.m. at the Indoor City Market.
On October 5th, there will be a Rally Rockford festival, a free, all-ages ping pong event featuring music, table tennis, bounce houses and a ceremonial ping pong ball drop at the intersection of W. State and Main at 11 a.m.
Participants can purchase ping pong balls for $5 each. The closest to the target will win a cash prize of $500 for first place, $250 for second, and $100 for third.
For more information, visit rockfordolympictrials.com
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen