ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The City of Rockford will resume accepting bulk items for garbage pick up, beginning Friday.
“Beginning Friday, May 8th, 2020, we will resume the collection of bulk items. We would appreciate any piles of cardboard boxes be broken down and contained in one box or bundled, thus reducing the amount on additional material our drivers need to handle. As in the past, all garbage and recycling outside the totes need to be contained. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!” Rock River Disposal said in a release.
The City had suspended bulk item garbage pickup on March 22nd.
- Amazon says it will lay off another 9,000 workers
- Rockford Police find gun during traffic stop
- Woman without arms and legs doesn’t want empathy – she wants a job
- Teen arrested for armed robbery at Rockford Walmart
- Man whose remains were found in West Virginia was professional rugby player from England
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!