ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford University welcomed back their students by giving them an opportunity to give back to the community.
The school’s annual plunge is a long standing tradition on campus.
It invites students to step off school grounds and explore the community through service work.
About 150 Rockford University members went to seven different sites, like the Discovery Center and Rockford Rescue Mission Thrift Shop, to donate their time and efforts.
“I even asked more opportunities to volunteer here just because it’s something I could do on my free time,” Taylor Escamilla a freshman at Rockford University said. “Especially like towards the winter and help out even just for a couple of hours maybe in between school or out of school just to show I’m part of Rockford University here helping out for Rockford.”
- Krispy Kreme introduces ‘Easy as Pie’ doughnuts for Thanksgiving
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive