ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A program that helps those struggling pay for a critical service in Rockford is extended. The hardship program helps cover the cost of city water bills.
The program started in 2018. COVID-19 has created more need. Rockford Water increased its budget for the program to $100,000.
To apply for help, call Rockford’s Human Services Department at (815)-987-5782.
- Hononegah, Auburn Boys finish top-five at Regionals
- Guilford’s Gasmund comes from behind, captures Regional victory
- Residents react to massive fire at abandoned factory in Rockford
- Rockford mayor says bars and restaurants will be given 50% rebate of liquor license fees
- Local expert shares how to keep kids safe from predators online