ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A program that helps those struggling pay for a critical service in Rockford is extended. The hardship program helps cover the cost of city water bills.
The program started in 2018. COVID-19 has created more need. Rockford Water increased its budget for the program to $100,000.
To apply for help, call Rockford’s Human Services Department at (815)-987-5782.
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife
- IDPH announces 3,866 new cases of COVID-19, 21 additional deaths
- Data beach reveals US police, public officials donated to Kenosha shooting suspect Rittenhouse
- Biden welcomes Japan’s prime minister as China watches
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket