ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Grace Long celebrated her 100th birthday on Friday.
Friends and family gathered to celebrate Long’s big day at the Heritage Woods assisted living center at 202 N Show Place Drive.
The Belvidere native has fond memories of roller skating at a rink in Marengo.
Living to be 100 hasn’t dulled Long’s sense of humor.
“There’s a lot of nice people in the world. There’s a lot of not nice people, too,” she said.
Her advice for living to be 100 years old: be kind to everyone.
- ‘Glory Days’: 2010 State Champion Lena-Winslow Panthers
- Get To Know Guilford’s Ashlee Smolenski
- Rockford Police investigate after suspect robs Dollar Tree
- Rockford City Market wraps up 2020 season
- Six hospitalized in two Boone County crashes on Friday