ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford woman celebrated her 107th birthday on Tuesday.
Doris’s birthday was different this year due to COVID-19. Festivities included a parade of cars, balloons, and colorful ‘happy birthday’ signs.
Loved ones dropped off flowers and tasty treats for the celebration. The birthday girl shared what is helping her live a long, happy life.
“I think I had a good beginning and I tried to do my best to eat right and I do exercise and keep going,” Doris said.
Doris says she’s going to continue the celebration by sharing cake and ice cream with her friends in the retirement home.
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Rockford Park District explains changes in new proposal