ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford woman in her 90’s is in critical condition, and officials believe her dog likely died, after a fire which burned down her home on S. Main Street Tuesday afternoon.
Multiple fire departments responded to a fully engulfed house fire in the 3200 block of S. Main Street on Tuesday afternoon.
Blackhawk Fire Protection District Chief Jonathan Trail said the first firefighters on the scene at 4:14 p.m. found the woman outside of the residence who was suffering from burns.
Rockford, Rockton, Loves Park, North Park and Blackhawk agencies all responded to the call.
The house is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands