ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford woman in her 90’s is in critical condition, and officials believe her dog likely died, after a fire which burned down her home on S. Main Street Tuesday afternoon.
Multiple fire departments responded to a fully engulfed house fire in the 3200 block of S. Main Street on Tuesday afternoon.
Blackhawk Fire Protection District Chief Jonathan Trail said the first firefighters on the scene at 4:14 p.m. found the woman outside of the residence who was suffering from burns.
Rockford, Rockton, Loves Park, North Park and Blackhawk agencies all responded to the call.
The house is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- US baseball’s prospects struggle to reach Olympics
- Murray, Djokovic looking forward to playing in 2020 Olympics
- French language coming to Tokyo Olympics?
- IOC’s Bach asked to intervene in Tokyo Olympic labor dispute
- WADA panel recommends neutral status for Russia at Olympics