ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 43-year-old Shelly Givens was sentenced Wednesday to two years in prison for a January 12th, 2018 drunk driving accident in which caused great bodily harm to a passenger.
Rockford Police responded to the 1600 block of Kilburn Avenue on January 12, 2018, where there had been a collision between Givens’ Chevrolet Suburban and a Subaru Legacy.
Police say Givens was intoxicated and traveling at a high rate of speed in the wrong lane of traffic.
A passenger in the Subaru was injured and taken to the hospital for treatment.
Givens was charged with Aggravated Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol Involving Great Bodily Harm.
She was convicted of the offense on June 14th.
In addition to her 2 year sentence, Givens will be on mandatory supervised release for an additional year.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Rockford Public Library Board faced with tough choice on closing some branches
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?