ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford’s iconic Bing’s Drive-In is set to become Salamone’s South Pizzeria and Bing’s Burgers after an ownership change.
The owners of Salamone’s Italian Restaurant in Cherry Valley stepped in to purchase the business after the Gasparini family announced on January 3rd they would be stepping down.
Benny and Rosalie Salamone, the new owners, plan on expanding the restaurant so it can be open all year ’round. According to a Facebook post, they anticipate the renovations to take place in 2020, and expect to re-open in 2021.
Bing’s Drive-In, at 3613 S. Main Street, is a classic drive-in diner which opened in Rockford in 1952.
Customers at Bing’s can pull up to an old-fashioned menu board, order their meal via a speaker, and have it brought out on a tray that clips to a car door.
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East beats Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere