ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford workers at Collins Aerospace are over the moon with Thursday’s announcement about their latest project.
NASA’s Artemis missions will land explorers back on the Moon by 2024, via the Orion spacecraft.
Collins Aerospace just signed a $320 million deal to provide subsystems for the Orion fleet, including environmental controls, life support, power and waste management.
The work on those systems will happen at four different Collins Aerospace locations, including Rockford.
In 2018, UTC Aerospace merged with Rockwell Collins to form Collins Aerospace.
- Murray throws for 2 TDs, runs for 2 as Cardinals beat Bears
- Lost children, friends eaten by wild beasts: New book captures plight of U.S.-bound migrants
- Trump calls top US general a ‘f—— idiot’ during speech at Mar-a-Lago
- These new U.S. travel restrictions begin Monday
- Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant