ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford workers at Collins Aerospace are over the moon with Thursday’s announcement about their latest project.
NASA’s Artemis missions will land explorers back on the Moon by 2024, via the Orion spacecraft.
Collins Aerospace just signed a $320 million deal to provide subsystems for the Orion fleet, including environmental controls, life support, power and waste management.
The work on those systems will happen at four different Collins Aerospace locations, including Rockford.
In 2018, UTC Aerospace merged with Rockwell Collins to form Collins Aerospace.
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- Dog earns 6M followers while learning to communicate with humans
- Emergency C-section causes cut to baby’s face
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, Texas parents arrested
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention