ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Nine new businesses have opened in the last year, including restaurants, a gym and an ice cream parlor.
The Midtown Business District says the closing of Chantilly Lace and the Exclusive Lingerie Boutique has helped.
The organization helps businesses install security systems.
The say that entices owners to move to the area.
Area leaders are trying to keep the momentum going.
“There are four or five projects going on right now that will be… they should come out early next spring,” said Executive Director of the Midtown Business District, Ronn Mooney. “Which includes more restaurants and more retail space, So, I think we’re just at the beginning.”
Mooney says the next big step is getting WIFI access into more buildings.
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness