CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill. (WTVO) — 42-year-old Charles Hightower, of Rockton, was arrested on charges of attempted murder, and aggravated battery — including aggravated battery to a senior citizen — after allegedly stabbing three people in Crystal Lake.
Crystal Lake Police responded to the 100 block of Edgewood Avenue for a stabbing call around 7:29 p.m. Thursday.
Police say two adult men had been stabbed in the lower abdomen, and another man was suffering wounds to his arm.
Two victims were taken to a hospital for treatment; the other was released at the scene.
Police say Hightower fled the scene prior to their arrival, but found him shortly thereafter and took him into custody.
Police say the event was a domestic incident. Hightower was taken to the McHenry County Jail.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19