ROSCOE, Ill. (WTVO) — Roscoe parents just got a new, safe place to bring their kids.
Kids ran all over their new playground at the Chicory Ridge Park Playground Dedication.
With two tornado slides, racing slides, climbing walls and a multi-tiered structure dubbed nature’s castle, the new park spans 4,500 square feet fitting up to 85 kids.
Village Trustee Anthony Keene says this new park makes play time safer for the kids living nearby.
“The parents are very concerned about the kids playing in the street,” said Keene. “And there’s no facility on this side of the river that the kids can really come to and have an opportunity to enjoy just beings kids.”
The park’s completion was scheduled for earlier in the year, but had to delay construction because of weather.
- Rockford police announce arrests after robberies, several shootings over the weekend
- Rockford Rivets hopeful of resuming their season on Thursday
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns