ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Gina Colwell was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 13 on Wednesday.
Roscoe Police say they received complaints against Colwell in February 2016. During the investigation, detectives determined that Colwell abused one child multiple times between 2014 and 2016, and abused another minor child as well.
She will also face three years of supervised release following completion of her sentence and must register as a sex offender for the rest of her life.
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness