ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Gina Colwell was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 13 on Wednesday.
Roscoe Police say they received complaints against Colwell in February 2016. During the investigation, detectives determined that Colwell abused one child multiple times between 2014 and 2016, and abused another minor child as well.
She will also face three years of supervised release following completion of her sentence and must register as a sex offender for the rest of her life.
- Sports Connection Spotlight: Boylan’s Peyton Kennedy
- Auburn takes down Hononegah, takes over sole possession of first place in NIC-10
- Boylan defeats Freeport on the road
- Belvidere North defeats Guilford in NIC-10 action
- Auburn defeats Hononegah on the road