ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Gina Colwell was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months in prison for sexually abusing two children under the age of 13 on Wednesday.
Roscoe Police say they received complaints against Colwell in February 2016. During the investigation, detectives determined that Colwell abused one child multiple times between 2014 and 2016, and abused another minor child as well.
She will also face three years of supervised release following completion of her sentence and must register as a sex offender for the rest of her life.
- LIVE: Lightfoot announces ‘business curfew’ in Chicago as COVID-19 cases rise
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge