ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winter is just around the corner, and the Salvation Army is asking people to donate coats, hats, gloves, and scarves as part of its annual “Koats 4 Kids” drive.
The Salvation Army is set up near the old JC Penney’s entrance in the northwest section of CherryVale Mall.
Volunteers will be on-hand from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. the first two weekends in October.
The Salvation Army has set an ambitious goal for this year’s drive.
“If you remember last year, we had one of our severest winters,” said Diane Tolcher of the Salvation Army. “Temperatures got down to 55 below. We are hoping we will reach our goal of 1,500 coats this year.”
All the donations will be distributed on October 17th.
Coats must be in good wearable condition – clean with no buttons or zippers missing and no stains or tears
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander