ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winter is just around the corner, and the Salvation Army is asking people to donate coats, hats, gloves, and scarves as part of its annual “Koats 4 Kids” drive.
The Salvation Army is set up near the old JC Penney’s entrance in the northwest section of CherryVale Mall.
Volunteers will be on-hand from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. the first two weekends in October.
The Salvation Army has set an ambitious goal for this year’s drive.
“If you remember last year, we had one of our severest winters,” said Diane Tolcher of the Salvation Army. “Temperatures got down to 55 below. We are hoping we will reach our goal of 1,500 coats this year.”
All the donations will be distributed on October 17th.
Coats must be in good wearable condition – clean with no buttons or zippers missing and no stains or tears
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety