(WTVO) — The Salvation Army now allows people to donate with their smart phones.
Stickers will be placed on all of the organization’s kettles.
Those stickers will have a microchip that allows users to donate with Apple or Google Pay.
The technology is compatible with newer phones, and older smart phones can scan a QCR code.
The goal is to give supporters not carrying cash the ability to quickly give back to the Salvation Army.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020