LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A popular Loves Park summer attraction is scheduled to stay open in 2020.
Sand Park Pool has been closed for two summer seasons, and was expected to remain closed in 2020 due to the Rockford Park District’s financial challenges.
The Rockford Park District will take $80,000 of the nearly $250,000 in property tax dollars that are currently being used to help operate Mercyhealth Sportscore Two to reopen Sand Park Pool.
“It was very important to the council that we find a way to not only invest in one of our biggest attractions, but to make sure our citizens have the recreational opportunities they deserve,” said City of Loves Park Mayor, Greg Jury.
Reports show that in 2017 nearly 13,500 guests went to Sand Park Pool.
- Social media not as toxic as we think: Most posts ‘support’ causes rather than ‘oppose’ them, study finds
- Pfizer and Moderna to expand vaccine trials in children ages 5-11 at FDA request, report says
- COVID-19 vaccination required for health care workers, VA mandates
- Rockford man found guilty of sexually abusing child for months
- Weightlifter gets Philippines 1st ever Olympic gold after nearly 100 years