ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Santa Claus delivered gifts to kids at Mercyhealth’s Riverside campus Thursday morning, as part of the hospital’s 16th annual Holiday Toy Drive.
Pediatric and neonatal intensive care patients got toys and games donated by the community.
Organizers say it’s a chance for kids to have some fun during what can be a stressful stay at the hospital.
“What toys and games can do is just make things a little less scary and they can distract and entertain them, and just help them through some of these procedures,” said Mercyhealth’s Anne Hagney.
The Mercyhealth Development Foundation takes donations year round. Interested parties can call 815-971-4146.
Donations are accepted at Mercyhealth locations in Rockford, Janesville, Lake Geneva and Harvard.
Additional donations can be made at:
Foundation Office (Ingersoll Building, 2400 N. Rockton Ave.)
Starbucks (E. State Forest Plaza, N. Perryville, N. Bell School)
Meg’s Daily Grind (N. Alpine & N. Perryville)
Mary’s Market (E. State, N. Alpine & N. Perryville)
Williams Tree Farm (4661 Yale Bridge Rd., Rockton)
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights