ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — December 23rd marks 20 years since Chicago Fire Lieutenant Scott Gillen was struck and killed by an intoxicated driver while assisting at a traffic crash.
That incident prodded lawmakers into creating the “Move Over” or “Scott’s Law,” which requires drivers to slow down or move into another lane.
- Corey Anderson moves up Bellator MMA’s rankings, moves closer to $1M payday
- Spring freeze arrives following a few snow flurries/rain showers Tuesday
- Floating docks to be installed at Rockford’s Davis Park
- Old Settlers Days tickets going on sale Friday
- Brown, Timpe, Toelke lead area girls All-State basketball picks