ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say a woman is in serious condition following a single-car accident in the 2400 block of 11th Street Thursday.
Police said a woman left the Burger King drive-thru around noon and accelerated, hitting a pole across the street, causing life-threatening injuries.
A medical episode is suspected as the cause of the crash.
The street was shut down for several hours during the investigation.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”