ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ─ Rockford Police investigate a deadly accident after two pedestrians are hit along a busy road.
Officers were called to the 900 block of West Riverside Boulevard shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night. Authorities say a vehicle traveling eastbound hit two men who were walking southbound across West Riverside.
Both victims were taken to a local hospital.
A 25-year-old man was pronounced dead at the hospital. His name has not been released. The other victim, a 40-year-old man, suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The 61-year-old female that was behind the wheel remained at the scene. She is cooperating with police.
Rockford Police Department’s Traffic Reconstruction Team is investigating the accident. Both eastbound lanes in the 900 block of West Riverside are shutdown at this time. Drivers are urged to avoid the area.
- Standout defenseman Cody Franson returning to the IceHogs
- Winnebago County businesses brace for more restrictions as COVID-19 pos. rate reaches warning level
- Drive-thru flu shots available in Stephenson County
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- October will feature two full moons, including Halloween