ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Discovery Center Museum immerses young students in the soapy science of bubbles with a new exhibit.
The “Bubble Play” exhibit was unveiled Wednesday at the museum, located at 711 N Main Street.
By trying different ways to make bubbles, kids also learn about the basics of the scientific method, according to spokesperson Ann Marie Walker.
“It’s a very simple concept and what we love to be able to do, too, is when we can take science, or we can take play beyond the museum walls,” she said. “Bubbles are something so simple that you can do anywhere.”
The Discovery Center Museum has more than 300 hands-on exhibits meant to create an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
General admission to the Museum is: $9 adults, $9 children (ages 2 to 17) and free to Museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours of operation are: 10 am to 5 pm seven days a week.
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness
- Skipper’s Skin Care Has A Natural, Organic Product For Everyone In Your Family
- The Upcoming National Fossil Day Warrants A Visit To Burpee Museum
- Dr. Shah Has A Dental Implant Solution For You
- GDS Talks Quiz Bowl Over Coffee With Eric Wilson