ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Discovery Center Museum immerses young students in the soapy science of bubbles with a new exhibit.
The “Bubble Play” exhibit was unveiled Wednesday at the museum, located at 711 N Main Street.
By trying different ways to make bubbles, kids also learn about the basics of the scientific method, according to spokesperson Ann Marie Walker.
“It’s a very simple concept and what we love to be able to do, too, is when we can take science, or we can take play beyond the museum walls,” she said. “Bubbles are something so simple that you can do anywhere.”
The Discovery Center Museum has more than 300 hands-on exhibits meant to create an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
General admission to the Museum is: $9 adults, $9 children (ages 2 to 17) and free to Museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours of operation are: 10 am to 5 pm seven days a week.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages