ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The National Weather Service says the test of new software caused a weather alert to be issued in error Tuesday afternoon.
The Flash Flood Warning triggered automatic alert systems across the region around 3:30 p.m.
“Please disregard this warning. There is no warning in effect and no flooding threat at this time,” the NWS said in a follow up statement.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams