SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Overnight the South Beloit Fire Department was dispatched to a possible structure fire on South Bluff.
Units discovered heavy smoke coming from the house, but not much visible fire initially, officials said.
According to authorities the fire crew was able to locate fire in the walls and extinguish by using thermal imaging cameras.
One firefighter was transported to Beloit Memorial Hospital due to a leg injury after a portion of the floor gave way at the scene.
The home has heavy smoke and water damage on all floors and is currently uninhabitable. Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the residents, officials said.
- Temperatures Warm as Meteorological Summer Begins
- Rubber bullets fired during George Floyd protest in Freeport
- NHL plans to test players for COVID-19 daily if games resume
- President Trump to designate ‘ANTIFA’ as terrorist organization
- Arrest made after 8 California homeless people given poisoned food, their reactions recorded