SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Overnight the South Beloit Fire Department was dispatched to a possible structure fire on South Bluff.
Units discovered heavy smoke coming from the house, but not much visible fire initially, officials said.
According to authorities the fire crew was able to locate fire in the walls and extinguish by using thermal imaging cameras.
One firefighter was transported to Beloit Memorial Hospital due to a leg injury after a portion of the floor gave way at the scene.
The home has heavy smoke and water damage on all floors and is currently uninhabitable. Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the residents, officials said.
- Hononegah ready to take a shot at a three-peat
- Rockford aldermen consider new non-profit to help homeless with affordable housing
- Rockford street name changed in honor of Louie Maffioli
- Thursday’s vote determines strike at Chrysler in Belvidere
- Police need help locating stolen motorcycle